Thursday, January 8, 2009

How it feels to be Me

I think that paper that we have recently wrote and are soon to turn in is one of my favorite papers we have gotten to write because we all have something unique about us that makes us different that people might not know about. For example, Hannah P. wrote about her Italian heritage and how she really didn't accept it at first, but realized it helps make up who she is and were she comes from and she starts to embrace it which is awesome. Also the paper I corrected was Nicole Peterson's, who wrote about her family and how she has learned to not always take her huge loving family for granted because they could be gone in an instant. I also wrote about family, but not the blood kind of related family that we all have, but a different kind of family that not many people can say they have. I grew up with a third family, which I call my camping family. We all started camping together before I was even born, so I grew up with them my whole life, going on about 12 camping trips a summer and having get togethers throughout the year. I thought it was a really fun paper to write because it really made me look at my life and think about what's unique about it and I thought about the family I never realized help make me, me.

12 comments:

Shauna Ohhh said...

I totally get that. My "third" family would be my friend. I mean i've gone through some tough stuff, and have found strength in those people who are there for you.

Good Post Morgan! :)

Sami said...

Hey Morgan!
I think it's awesome you wrote about your camping family. When I grew up I had a similar experience. We didn't go camping quite as often but it was one of the many things we did. We don't do as much with that family anymore but I still have a connection with those people unlike other friendships I've had.
Good post!

Natalie H said...

I agree, I really liked the paper as well. At first it was kinda hard for me to write, but one I started it was pretty easy.
Good Post!

AGray said...

Oh Morgan your camping family!!! Remember when we went camping? Haha those were some fun times. I also wrote about family for my paper. Once ya think about it family has a huge affect on how we were raised and who we are today. I mean, those are the people we are with (forced or not) all the time. And I agree, I thought this paper was fun to write =)

Bye bye girl

Brittanya said...

Morg!

I didn't know you went camping over the summer. I'll miss you so much when you're gone!

Anyways. I agree that everyone needs a third family. One that their not "required" to love and be with.

Winnie K said...

I really liked doing this paper. It made me think about myself and my heritage. I also thought that this was one of the hardest papers to do, at least for me. I had to try and potray my world to fullest but i still didnt capture what I wanted the total affect to be.

Erin said...

I also liked writing this paper, becuase it helps you express who you are. It was basically a pretty easy paper to write becuase it just comes from your heart! Writing about family is a really good idea! i love having those people who aren't blood related but you call them family, becuase sometimes you feel closer to them than you do your real family!
Good blog!

Cody Dederich said...

haha nice. My dad's side of the family is my "camping family". Up until a couple years ago, we would go on multiple camping trips from Spring through Summer. These camping trips were where I spent the majority of my time with them.

Kristi said...

I also really liked this paper, it was a good topic. And I like your post. It was cool to find a part of what makes us who we are while writing this paper. Your camping trips must be tons of fun, I know my family summer trips are always interesting!

Keenen D said...

That's cool. Your camping family sounds fun! I sort of have something like that. I bet when you camp with them, you just chill and have the best time of your life and don't worry about problems back home.

Ollie said...

I really agree. I liked the paper a lot. It was really hard to write but once i got it going it went a lot smoother. Very nice Blog!

Jimmy said...

The paper definately took me some time to write also. Nice post =]